Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Boston Trip - Boston Career Forum

Back from Boston, I was so grateful that my school is in California with great weather. Although I like the atmosphere in the comparably old city, the low temperature is still a huge problem for me.
This trip is valuable, I think. Despite no jobs for me, the opportunity to see and participate the biggest Japanese job fair in the US is still a useful experience. I interviewed with Vp of Amazon.jp. He is really calm and smart. In fact, I believed I did a good job in that interview, although I failed to get the intern because of the lack of my experience and language ability. 
In the event, one may realize the stereo type: "Japanese can not speak good English." is totally wrong. There are so many new generation Japanese who can speak English much better than me. Maybe Japan will change dramatically in the near future. Who knows.
I am glad that I could meet the recruiter of Wunderman again. I regard this is a great company to work for and also a place really attracts me. 
The Taiwanese shabu shabu in Boston is the most impressive surprise for me. I enjoyed the shabu shabu which has 麻辣鍋底, 蒜泥 and 沙茶醬 with Japanese friends. We even ate two times in different shabu shabu restaurant during out very short stay.
In fact, I feel guilty by flying so far without getting a job back. However, I can only keep trying and practicing. I believe some day those dots in my life will somehow connect to each other. I can only keep my faith in myself.  That's all I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment