Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Atlanta trip:NSHMBA career expo


I came back from Atlanta last Sat. night. There are lots things that I learned from this event. First of all, the economy is really shrinking right now. All the companies are offering much less openings than demands. Although that might be the truth for anytime, the difficulty of finding a job is extremely high right now.
Second, the opportunities for international students are even fewer. There are few reasons that a company needs to hire someone from other country, especially at this moment. They may want to hire me in their Chinese branch or Hong-Kong one. And that may be the highest possibility my intern will be.(if I can really get one)
Third, I need to learn and get used to American culture in order to get an offer here. All those social events, greeting conversations, and strong confidence in expressing oneself make me uncomfortable, but I need to overcome it or I will never get a job here!
It's a tough mission and I do not think I can achieve it. However, this is also a chance to grow, to learn, to be open-minded, so I will keep trying. Boston career forum! I am coming soon!

2 comments:

  1. Come back to Taiwan quickly, although here haven't more jobs, but you are the top one, so don't be afaird.

    希望你看得懂.....哈哈

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha

    If I can not find a job, I will go back to see what I can do.
    However, since I tried so hard to be here, I do want to get job abroad first.

    Thank you for caring me!

    ReplyDelete