Sunday, December 14, 2008

The message.

Sometimes, I feel life is delivering some messages to me, and in order to let me really understand, it expresses its ideas by different people's words and attitude. 

In college, I realized the importance of open-minded from Chinese Medical class, Mathematical logic, and a very good American teacher, Steve Wallace. These classes and people did not tell me, "You should be more open-minded," but they inspired me through the power of open-minded attitude.

Yesterday, I talked with one friend and we discussed about my future career a lot. By his experience, the glory of getting into "marketing devision" may not be necessary a good thing. Since everyone has the pride of being a part of the most competitive devision, in his experience, working there reduced his life quality a lot. He suggested that if he got into some "top-ranking" MBA school, he may feel high pressure and can not really make good relationship with people because everyone thinks they are the best.


When I applied MBA schools, I did try to apply by ranking on major magazines. However, I really felt I was wrong. I somehow feel this is my fate to come to Drucker, although it does not even attend most of the rankings because of small size and short history. 

Since I was in Taiwan, one of my high school friends has strongly suggested me to choose Claremont because of the location and small size. At that time, I worried about the ranking and reputation of school, so I could not easily decide to come here. Now, I know she was right. 

I was told by one of our Taiwanese American classmate that in top ranking schools, only the top students got the benefits. That makes sense. Who will want to hire the worst performance student in any school? Also, the huge class size of traditional top ranking MBA school leads the atmosphere not intimate and not close. These are not the qualities I am looking for in my MBA.

There is one friend, who is also working on  her MBA, told me, "it take something to make my MBA's top ranking." when I suggested her to maintain healthy life style. To be honest, I felt I am lucky to be here because Drucker School matches my priority of life choices.

To know Japanese students is also helpful for me to understand myself. It's obvious that Japanese spend more effort and time on studying and working. I really admire and respect this attitude. However, when this leads to irregular or not enough sleeping time and little time for eating, I really can not agree.

In short, there are many choices in life. People choose what they think is right. However, there indeed is nothing right or wrong. Only one thing is for sure, different decisions lead to different results. I am grateful that I chose Drucker School and I hope everyone makes the choice that he(she) really desires!

This is the one of the messages I received recently...

No comments:

Post a Comment