Monday, December 22, 2008

X'mas party, Little Tokyo Restaurant

To be honest, sometimes I feel I get confused that I am studying in the US or in Japan. Since I like Japan so much already and now I have so many good Japanese friends, it's not surprising that I always eat Japanese food. One of our favorite sushi place near Claremont is Little Tokyo. It's about 10 mins by car from Claremont. The Chef Tomy San is a kind, interesting, experienced sushi chef.

Today, "Little Tokyo" restaurant had their X'mas party. They prepared buffet style Japanese food and 太鼓 performance, which is really interesting to see in the US.
I went to the party with Michie and Ryo. We ate unbelievably tremendous food and enjoyed talking with Tomy San, drinking with huge sake cup, and great unlimited sushi. Looking around the party, I saw Hispanic, Chinese, Japanese, and American. Everyone enjoyed and was friendly. I am really grateful that I can stay in such a mixed-culture places so that I can meet so many different people who understand and respect each culture and opinion. Although it's just a X'mas party in a small Japanese restaurant, the experience made me feel I really learned a lot here. 

Anyway, we ate and drank a lot. Next year, probably we will come again with more people. haha~
(Sorry to everyone that could not come with us. Next time, let's go together!)

No comments:

Post a Comment